About Claire L. Wasmund

Claire is a Midwest raised published writer and producer with a background in theater and literature. Claire is based in Los Angeles where she graduated from The New York Film Academy's one year screenwriting program. Most recently she produced the indepenent feature filmTHE GROVER COMPLEX, written by and starring Fernando Noor. She's the writer of the student thesis feature JEFFERSON, directed by Karen Bullis, and the creator and producer of the award-winning web-series DELAYED TEEN ANGST.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Getting published!

Yay! An article I wrote for Indie Slate Magazine on our movie The Grover Complex is being published in their #59 issue!

In this article I go into the production of The Grover Complex in some sort of plea for sympathy. I ask everyone to acknowledge how hard I worked in hopes of getting some long desired pat on the back. I also make an attempt to get some praise for most of the other people involved. That's what I'm here for. ;)

In all seriousness I'm really pleased about this. I'm hoping it will get the movie some well deserved publicity that we're not going to have to pay for.

This week I'm working hard on some interviews and another article for some more magazines. I'd like to interview Fernando, Heather (who played "Bambi"), and our editor Michael Darrow.

I'm also trying to get our web series Delayed Teen Angst some more publicity through some planned press releases, reviews, and good-old-fashioned mass emails.

With the last several months (year maybe) of insanity from bad roommates, bad friends, bad economy, it definitely creates an urgency in trying to get as much done as possible.

At the moment I'd love to do a second season of Delayed Teen Angst or possibly tweak it into a more sitcom style show. I also have my elf drama and then of course the screenplay I've been kicking around forever.

Eh, we'll see. We'll see. :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hey, it's Claire! I'm a writer and producer in Los Angeles. This blog sort of straddles professional and personal. You can check out my current projects "The Grover Complex" and "Delayed Teen Angst". Both projects have blogs and sites linked to this page. Have questions? Email me at Wazikaze at gmail.com

Wazikaze

Wazikaze
Darling Spiffy